Monday, April 2, 2007

opening day

I thought since I live in the Washington DC area that the best way to celebrate the Nats opening day would be with my own blog opening day. Actually I thought yesterday Aprils fools day was the more appropriate day for me to start a blog, because I must be a fool for doing this, but as always life got in the way of me doing what I really wanted to do. As a working mother of a 2 year old, I don’t have a lot of time for dealing with my thoughts. I have a husband who helps out, but still I feel that most of the burden of doing everything falls on me. I have definite “must do it all” syndrome. I spent most of the day yesterday doing laundry, folding laundry and getting our townhouse in some order because the woman who cleans our house was coming early this morning. And in order for her to clean the house, she has to actually be able to get around the house without tripping on numerous toys, books, newspapers, and unfolded laundry. The trick is to do all this while my two year naps or after she has gone to bed for the day. Then we had to quickly leave the house this morning before she had a chance to undo all the cleanup we had accomplished. We got out this morning with the house still in pretty could shape. So today when I come home the house will be all clean. I love coming home to a nice clean house. It will probably only stay nice and clean for about a week and the lady who cleans our house only comes once a month, so I enjoy it while I can. Like this blog, I’m going to enjoy it while I can. I’m not sure where I’m going with this thing, but here goes nuthin’.

No comments: